The goal of the Maryland United U7 (Born in 2011) Junior Academy Program is to provide a fun, enthusiastic, positive, soccer learning experience through practice and competition. All players will learn the rules of the game and focus on improving individual technical skill of dribbling, passing, receiving, shooting in a team environment. Individual and team skill development will be stressed before winning with an insight to long term development. Players entering at the U7 age level will participate in the game of soccer in format that is both fun and better suited to their development. The small-sided game approach is the best way to introduce the game to U7 players. The advantages to small-sided games approach are compelling:
- Increases number of ball contacts, fewer players and reduced space;
- Increases player concentration as the ball is close at all the times;
- Improves fitness-lively and dynamic tempo;
- Creates better awareness and greater player flexibility, all play offense and defense;
- Provides realistic challenges, limited number of players in restricted space creates game-like conditions;
- The game itself creates soccer techniques so players can improve and enjoy the game;
- Develops skill, increases the frequency of 1 v 1 matchups;
- A high number of goals are scored which makes it great fun for children. Rules are simplified, emphasize imaginative play; and
- Promotes growth and appreciation for the game of soccer.
We understand how important the development is for youth players in our program because they are the future of our club.
- League Games (Fall, Winter, Spring)
- Friendly Games
- Winter Futsal
- 2 Weekly Training Sessions (3 seasons)
Cost - Sign up!
$200 Per Season Sign up for the full year ($200 Deposit required to sign up, and the remaining in 8 payments @$50.00, if paid in full 5% discount will be given)
Register Here for U7 Mini Kickers
For questions about our program please feel free to call or email us:
Junior Academy Program Director
240.346.9613 | email@example.com