I understand that as a playing member of Maryland United FC, I must follow the rules and policies of the club and any leagues or competitions that we participate in. I understand that, as a player, I am a representative of Maryland United FC and as such, must not conduct myself in a way that reflects poorly on the club. I also understand that my playing rights are dependent on my adherence to the following;
- I will show respect and compassion to my coaches and teammates
- I will work hard at practice and games to improve while also understanding I must practice in my own time to improve my skills
- I will communicate and request my parents to never coach me or any of my teammates during the game, understanding it is the coaches job to provide instruction and feedback.
- I will respect the game of soccer and its laws. I will learn these laws and I will play the game fairly.
- I will be fully committed to attend all team events. This sport and team is of the highest priority, and if for some extenuating circumstance I cannot attend , I will give timely notice to my coach of my absence.
- I will show respect for the match officials, even though I will sometimes disagree with their decisions and always shake hands at the end of the game.
- I will work and be the best teammate possible for the good of the team and conduct myself with honor and dignity at all times.
- I will show good sportsmanship to my opponents before, during and after games and always shake hands at the end of the game.
- I will help my parents and fans understand the Laws of the Game so they can watch and enjoy the game better and understand that dissent is not permitted.