Codes Of Conduct
I understand that as a playing member of Maryland United FC, I must follow the rules and policies of the club and any leagues or competitions that we participate in. I understand that, as a player, I am a representative of Maryland United FC and as such, must not conduct myself in a way that reflects poorly on the club. I also understand that my playing rights are dependent on my adherence to the following;
- I will show respect and compassion to my coaches and teammates
- I will work hard at practice and games to improve while also understanding I must practice in my own time to improve my skills
- I will communicate and request my parents to never coach me or any of my teammates during the game, understanding it is the coaches job to provide instruction and feedback.
- I will respect the game of soccer and its laws. I will learn these laws and I will play the game fairly.
- I will be fully committed to attend all team events. This sport and team is of the highest priority, and if for some extenuating circumstance I cannot attend , I will give timely notice to my coach of my absence.
- I will show respect for the match officials, even though I will sometimes disagree with their decisions and always shake hands at the end of the game.
- I will work and be the best teammate possible for the good of the
- team and conduct myself with honor and dignity at all times.
- I will show good sportsmanship to my opponents before, during and after games and always shake hands at the end of the game.
- I will help my parents and fans understand the Laws of the Game so they can watch and enjoy the game better and understand that dissent is not permitted.
PARENTAL CODE OF CONDUCT
Maryland United FC is dedicated to promoting the healthy development of youth in sports, created the following Code of Conduct for parents and spectators to abide by at every game.
It is understood that this code of conduct is designed as a guide to promote an environment of good sportsmanship and fair play. The standards of behavior identified in this code are not intended to be exhaustive. The participants should be aware that any behavior not specifically described herein but failing to meet the spirit and intent of this code may subject those involved to disciplinary action.
- I will not force my child to participate in sports. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I will learn the laws of the game and the rules and policies of the league.
- I (and my/our guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event. I (and my/our guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
- I will respect the officials and coaches and their authority during games/practices and will never question, discuss, or confront them at the game/practice field. A 48 hour period after an an issue will allow for all to process what took place and remove the emotional tension that makes resolution tougher.
- I will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
Disciplinary Actions for failing to adhere to the Code of Conduct could include the following:
- Verbal warning by official, head coach, and/or head of league organization
- Written warning (not to exceed 3 in two consecutive seasons*).
- Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by the organizations involved
- Player suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by the organizations involved (Player should be required to attend game)
- Parental season suspension (Should include all games if multiple children play)
- Expulsion from the club (Should include all players in the family)
- Liable for any monetary penalty the team receives due to my/our behavior
By registering your child to participate in any Maryland United FC Program you understand and agree that any failure to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines may result in disciplinary action against not only you as parent/guardian but also your child. You also agree to abide by the policies and procedures set forth by Maryland United FC. Any such action may include but is not limited to those actions described above. It is furthermore understood and agreed that the Maryland United FC specifically reserves the right to impose disciplinary action above and beyond those actions described above as may be appropriate based upon the circumstances of the violation.
The Athletic Complex is for exclusive use of Indian Creek School programs, Maryland United FC, and other approved parties. Any unauthorized use is prohibited.
Please see the following expectations for all users:
- NO dropping off or picking up anyone at the stairs
- Players must use stairs to walk down to fields
- Drivers may not take a left turn into main parking lot prior to stairs
- NO parking, staging, or idling along traffic loop (Fire Lane)
- Dispose of all trash and recycling in proper receptacles
- NO dogs are allowed in the Athletic Complex
- Respect any person staffing the event (Indian Creek or otherwise)
- ICS is a Smoke-Free Campus
- NO climbing or playing on walls, fences, or steep areas of the hillside
- Families are respectful of the property and advocates for its proper care
- NO gum, sugary drinks, or food on the Synthetic Turf fields
- Children must remain under parental supervision at all times
- Coaches and players will exercise caution utilizing the Athletic Complex during or following inclement weather