Join the Club
Interested in Learning more?
WINTER / Supplemental TRyouts
If you are interested in joining Maryland United, please contact the appropriate Director of Coaching and coach for your age group and you will be invited to a training session.
Contact For Information & Tryouts
Field Locations: Click Here To View Field Locations
Each year Maryland United FC holds tryouts. Our goal is to properly place all interested players within the player pool onto teams that best serve their ability, long term individual development, and best serve their assigned team. With access for both Boys and Girls to prominent leagues such as the ECNL and EDP for our players, we have the best platform to serve the more committed players within the region. Mid-season evaluation & player movement within the club helps facilitate players who display significant growth during the year. Financial assistance is potentially available for those who qualify.
- Please see the tryout schedule on this page for age groups, coaches, dates, times and locations.
- Please check the website immediately before leaving for tryouts in case of inclement weather or field changes.
- Weather cancellations will first go through our social media accounts.
- Players should plan on arriving at least 15 minutes before their scheduled tryout time to check-in and warm-up.
- If you cannot make any of the dates please contact the coach to arrange another date to tryout during regular team training nights.
We have official tryouts each year as all premier travel clubs do towards the end of each spring season. Our goal is to place all interested players within the player pool onto teams that best serve their ability, long term individual development, and best serve their assigned team. Our goal is to give each team the opportunity to select new players who will have a positive impact on their teams and to also properly place players on either ECNL, EDP, or Red & White teams within their appropriate age groups. Mid-season evaluation & player movement within the club helps to facilitate players who display significant growth during the year.
All players will tryout together in their respective age group. Teams will be tiered with nomenclature as follows with corresponding playing levels, commitment, and expectations. In the 9-12 age range the club will look to make first (Red) second (White) & third (Black) teams in the age groups where the player pool is large enough to support more than one team. In the 13-18 age range the club will look to make first (ECNL) second (Premier) & third (Elite) teams in the age groups where the player pool is large enough to support more than one team. Head age-group coaches will make final decisions after consulting with the other coaches in the age group, coaches assisting in the tryout process, and the Directors of Coaching.
It is important for players to be placed into environments which allow them to enjoy success, learn skills that are specific to the rate of development, and participate in both leagues and tournaments that are appropriate to the players level and enjoy their youth soccer experience. It is also very important to realize that players all mature at different rates. We regularly see situations in our club where players who are on second teams who work themselves onto first teams given time, effort, and a quality team and training environment. Mid-season player movement occurs based on merit, additional assessment, supplement tryouts and league and roster rules.
Feel free to contact
Colin Herriot | Boys Director of Coaching | email@example.com
Harry Canellakis | Girls Director of Coaching | firstname.lastname@example.org
and the assigned team coach. (Link can be found above)
- Please check the website for any field closures or changes. Weather notices will be updated on our social media sites.
- Players will be contacted by the coach within 1 week after the final tryout of their status.
- Players will have 24 hours to make a decision once contacted.
- Upon acceptance of a position on a team, players have 24 hours to officially register online and make an initial payment to be considered an official member of the team and club.